Covid 19 Information
For the safety of our patients and staff, and to lower the likelihood of exposure to COVID-19, Metropolitan ENT is taking the following precautions:
First and Foremost: Please call the office to inquire which type of visit is most appropriate: telemedicine or in-person office visit.
Spring 2022 SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE CARE
While majority of our staff are fully vaccinated, we will continue to wear masks and abide the latest CDC guidelines. Currently, the CDC recommends that healthcare facilities continue to follow the infection prevention guidelines for unvaccinated individuals while at work. As a result, we ask our staff and patients to wear a mask while inside the clinic.
- Masks will continue to be required by all individuals to enter our facility
- If Exposed to COVID-19, tested positive for COVID-19, or awaiting results due to symptoms or exposure to COVID-19. Do not come to our office, please call to reschedule your appointment at (703) 313-7700, press 2
- VISITORS are not allowed and will be asked to wait in the hallway or car. We encourage video calls and/or phone calls to participate in office visit. Exceptions include minor patients (one parent), and patients who require a care giver or translator.
We appreciate your cooperation as we ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients.
Communal activities within a healthcare setting
Governor Northam Lifts Mask Mandate to Align with CDC Guidance, Announces Virginia to End COVID-19 Mitigation Measures on May 28
Virginia lifts mask mandate to match CDC guidance, Northam rules out state vaccine passports
IN OFFICE VISITS:
Protocol for ALL (including all patients, visitors, employees, and providers)
- Masks are Mandatory in our office and office building. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Brief COVID19 Screen questionnaire: (24 hours before your visit via a phone call, email or text)
- Have you had a fever of 100.4°F/38°C in the past two days?
- Do you have a cough, sneezing, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing or headache?
- Have you been in close contact (less than six feet away for 15 minutes or more) with anyone who:
- Has coronavirus COVID19
- Is suspected of having coronavirus COVID19
- Has been recently tested and is awaiting results or is suspected of having the coronavirus COVID19?
- Have you tested positive for coronavirus COVID in the past 14 days?
- Are you awaiting coronavirus COVID19 RESULTS?
- For your privacy, your temperature will be taken as part of your vitals check once in an exam room
- VISITORS are strictly prohibited and will be asked to wait in the hallway or car. As we continue to focus on creating a safe environment for our patients and staff as well as following social distancing guidelines.
- We encourage video calls and/or phone calls to participate in office visit.
- Exceptions include minor patients, patients with limited mobility or those with extenuating circumstances. If someone needs to accompany the patient, we are limiting patients to one guest. Thank you for your help as we work to keep each other safe and healthy.
In accordance with CDC guidelines, Metropolitan ENT is following best practices to provide you and our employees with a safe environment.
- Increased cleaning our offices, waiting and exam rooms. We will be paying close attention to areas that are touched frequently, such as doorknobs.
- Making hand sanitizer stations available.
- We are following strict hand washing protocols for all employees.
- Preemptive patient screening including temperature checks and questions about symptoms and travel for anyone entering our clinics and operatories – all patients, visitors, employees, and providers. The questions are following CDC guidelines. If someone has a temperature of 100.4°F/38°C or higher or answers yes to any of the questions they will be asked to leave. Patient appointments will be rescheduled.
- Requiring all patients and visitors to bring and wear a mask to their appointment. Masks must be worn at all times, including in exam rooms, and may not have a pop-off valve. Face shields cannot substitute for masks. Also, all providers and employees will be wearing masks at all times.
- Providing patients with options to wait in cars rather than in our lobby areas.
- We are reducing the number of patients and staff in each office at any one time.
- Any Metropolitan ENT providers or team members who meet any of the CDC exposure guidelines above will be required to follow the CDC guidelines for testing and quarantine.
- As appropriate, Metropolitan ENT has made arrangements for non-clinic staff to work from home as our way to help limit exposure and slow the spread of the virus.
MEDICAL VENDORS/REPS – All medical vendor representatives are prohibited from entering our offices at this time.
If you have any questions, please call us (703) 313-7700 before your appointment.
Stay Safe & Healthy
Metropolitan ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery