ENT Surgery in Alexandria, VA
Surgery Department, Locations and Instructions
Metropolitan ENT & Facial Plastic Surgery is a group of dedicated board certified otolayngologists and facial plastic surgeons who specialize in diagnosing and treatment of a wide range of ear, nose and throat disorders and minimally invasive state of the art procedures. We are located at 6355 Walker Lane, Suite 308 Alexandria, Virginia with patients coming from all areas including Washington DC, Northern Virginia, Maryland, and surrounding areas Arlington, Springfield, Falls Church and Woodbridge Virginia.
Your outpatient surgery maybe scheduled at one of the following locations: Ivona Franconia Springfield Surgery Center, Ivona Alexandrea Hospital Surgery Center, Potomac View Surgery Center, and Ivona Fairfax Medical Campus. Pre-Operative Instructions and some phone numbers you may need are below.
Our Physicians Operate at the following facilities:
INOVA FRANCONIA SPRINGFIELD SURGERY CENTER
6355 WALKER LANE, SUITE 200
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22310
MAIN: (703) 922-9501
PRE-OP NURSE LINE: (703) 922-0888
BILLING DEPT: (703) 600-0015
ANESTHESIOLOGY: NORTHSTAR ANESTHESIA
NPI: 1710901772 (DR. NA)
ANESTHESIOLOGY BILLING: (855) 606-6176
INOVA ALEXANDRIA HOSPITAL SURGERY CENTER
INOVA ALEXANDRIA HOSPITAL
4320 SEMINARY ROAD
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22304
PHONE: (703) 504-3688
PRE-SURGICAL TESTING DEPT
PRE-SURGICAL TESTING FAX NUMBER
POTOMAC VIEW SURGERY CENTER
6710 OXON HILL RD, SUITE 150
OXON HILL MD 20745
MAIN: (240) 766-2734
FAX: (240) 766-2732
BILLING DEPARTMENT TEL: (877)929-0765
ANESTHESIOLOGY: CAPITAL ANESTHESIA
ANESTHESIOLOGY TEL NUMBER:
SURGERY CENTERS – INOVA FAIRFAX MEDICAL CAMPUS
INOVA FAIRFAX HOSPITAL
3300 GALLOWS ROAD
FALLS CHURCH, VA 22042
PHONE: (703) 776-6630
PRE-PROCEDURAL EVALUATION CLINIC:
FINANCIAL SERVICES: (703) 776-6019
HOSPITAL BILLING QUESTIONS:
REQUIRED COVID-19 PRE-SURGICAL TESTING:
A NEGATIVE COVID-19 TEST WITHIN 72 HRS
OF YOUR SURGERY DATE WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL SURGICAL PROCEDURES.
OUR OFFICE WILL CALL YOU UP TO 5 DAYS BEFORE YOUR SURGERY/PROCEDURE TO CONFIRM OR ASSIST IN SCHEDULING.
IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM OUR OFFICE 4 DAYS PRIOR
TO YOUR PROCEDURE PLEASE CONTACT US AT (703) 313-7700 X OPTION 1.
SEVERAL SUGGESTIONS FOR TESTING SITES ARE LISTED BELOW:
INOVA URGENT CARE CENTERS (UCCS) COVID-19 TESTING
ORDER NEEDED; RESULTS TRANSMITTED ELECTRONICALLY
CENTRAL PHONE LINE: (571) 472-0164
Book online here: www.inova.org/covidtest
3-4 DAY RESULTS
PATIENT FIRST URGENT CARE CENTERS
NO ORDER NEEDED; PATIENT RESPONSIBLE FOR RESULTS
3 -5 DAY RESULTS
Pre-Operative Instructions (for ALL surgeries provided by our Physicians)
The following Pre-Operative Instructions are for ALL surgeries provided by our Physicians:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery. This includes water, ice chips, breath mints, hard candy and gum.
- You must have a responsible adult accompany you home and remain with you for the first 24 hours after surgery. You will not be allowed to take public transportation (metro or bus) home under any circumstance. You may take a taxi only if you have a responsible adult accompany you.
- Do not smoke for 24 hours before or after your surgery.
- Leave all valuables at home. This includes jewelry, cash, credit cards and checkbooks.
- If you wear contact lenses, this includes extended wear contact lenses, leave them at home and wear your glasses.
- Remove all make-up (particularly eye make-up) and nail polish.
- If you take daily medications or insulin, consult your physician for instructions before your surgery date. You may want to bring your own insulin with you for post-operative administration.
- If you currently take antibiotics before dental work, be sure to notify your surgeon.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin containing medications for 10 days prior to your surgery unless your surgeon advises you otherwise. Be sure to notify your physician if you take these types of medications on a regular basis. (Tylenol regular strength only may be used prior to the Surgery)
- If you are a minor (under the age of 18), you must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. If you have a legal guardian, you must bring a copy of guardianship papers with you.
- Should you, for any reason, want to postpone or cancel your surgery, please notify the office immediately.